Dare County Arts Council is proud to present The Courthouse Sessions (Home Edition), a compilation of virtual performances featuring Outer Banks musicians.
“A huge part of our mission is to advocate for the arts and to provide opportunities for artists while engaging with our community,” said Dare County Arts Council’s Executive Director Chris Sawin. “The arts are essential to getting us through these uncertain times, and we are promoting this series to showcase the important role the arts play in all of our lives. We hope you will support some of our local musicians by tuning in to watch them on our Facebook page and tipping them to show your appreciation.”
The performances will be broadcast on Dare County Arts Council’s Facebook page as a series of Facebook Live events, with one concert every Tuesday and Thursday at 8pm.
Below is a list of the scheduled performances:
· Thursday, April 30: Bill Rea & Family
· Tuesday, May 5: Ruth Wyand & The Tribe Of One
· Thursday, May 7: Birddog featuring duo Dan & Laura Martier
· Tuesday, May 12: Joseph Bell Tyson
· Thursday, May 14: Graham Outten
· Tuesday, May 19: Kim Kalman
· Thursday, May 21: Angelo Sonnesso
· Tuesday, May 26: Bobby Soto
· Thursday, May 28: Scott Sechman
“The Rea Family is excited to open the Dare County Arts Council’s Virtual Series,” said musician Bill Rea. “Music and art have always been important to our family. We are happy to share this with our friends and neighbors and hope that it lifts spirits and brings joy to all.”