outer banks veterans week
Celebrating Veterans in Dare County
Veterans Songwriting Workshop
National touring musicians will travel to the Outer Banks Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21 to lead the North Carolina Veterans Songwriting Workshop, which will be held at the Coastal Studies Institute in Wanchese.
The workshop is designed for songwriters of all levels and will include programming in writing lyrics, song structure, and basic music theory.
Instructor and mentors include Tony Rosario, Jana Pochop, Shawnee Kilgore, Karl Werne, and Ron Capps. The workshop is free and is open to Veterans, active duty or reserve military and their families.
2020 Outer Banks Veterans Writing Project
The 8th Annual Outer Banks Veterans Writing Workshop will be held November 14-15, 2020.
Beginner and experienced writers are invited to participate in this two-day workshop that is free for Veterans, active-duty military and their family members.
Modeled after the DC-based Veterans Writing Project, a non-profit foundation that teaches combat Veterans to express their military experiences through literature, the goal of the Outer Banks Veterans Writing Project is to teach enrolled applicants the art of writing.
The Outer Banks Writing Workshop is part of Outer Banks Veterans Week, which runs November 9-15, 2020.
The 8th annual Outer Banks Veterans Week will be held November 9-15, 2020. OBX Veterans Week is an annual event celebrating Veterans and their families through the arts.
Outer Banks Veterans Week hosts numerous Veteran celebrations from Corolla to Hatteras and everywhere in between.
A directory of ceremonies and special events for Veterans and active duty servicemembers will be available soon.
Groups interested in listing their Veteran events in the Veterans Week calendar of events should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Outer Banks Veterans Week
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have to be a writer already to qualify for the writing workshop? No. Beginning writers and published authors have participated and been very pleased with the program.
2. What will be taught in the writing workshop? The topics change each year.
3. Is the workshop only open to combat veterans? No. It is open to ALL veterans.
4. Who may attend the workshop? The workshop is for Veterans, Active Servicemembers, and their family members.
5. Where will the workshop be held? The Coastal Studies Institute, 850 Highway 345, Wanchese, NC 27981
6. Are there any fun things that my family can do while I am in class? Please check with the Outer Banks Visitors Bureau for a full schedule of activities that weekend or week.
7. Where should I stay? A list of hotels that offer specials and discounts for all of our Veteran programs and events will be available here soon.